Thursday, September 17, 2009

Healthy Lunch Ideas

I know that when I get packed peanut butter and jelly on whole wheat bread for lunch every day I am not satisfied. I like more exciting lunches like egg salad and watercress on a challah roll or chicken salad in a pita pocket. That is why I am going to give you a couple of lunch ideas.

1. I love italian food and so when this is what I have for lunch I am ecstatic.
4 bocconcini balls (mozzarella balls)
4 cherry tomatoes
1 piece of french bread
sliced cucumber
trail mix

Put the first two ingredients in a container, drizzle some olive oil on and then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
This is one of my favorites because you get to assemble and make your own lunch at school!

2. This is also an easy, but interesting lunch!
Turkey sandwich with lettuce, avocado, black pepper, and tomatoes
1 tangerine
Homemade tortilla chips*
Pecans and chocolate chips

*Preheat 350 degrees. Take 6 tortillas (flour or corn) and brush them lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle a little bit of salt on them too. Put them in the oven for 5 minutes. If they don't look ready give them another 5 minutes.

3. Really simple + really good = Fantastic
1 pita cut into quarters
4 tablespoons of hummus
1 bell pepper cut into slices
Apples and honey
Chocolate chunks with cashews and pretzels


These are some of my favorite recipes for lunch. You can improvise with these too!

No comments:

Post a Comment