Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Grandma's Snack Mix





Sometimes when I come home from school, I am super hungry. Either I didn't have enough time to eat lunch, or I just ran around a lot in P.E. and worked up an appetite. Either way, I like my snacks. So, this one, that I guess I've been eating since I was a kid, is really easy. And, it tastes good!

Ingredients

1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup chocolate chips*

Mix all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Put equal amounts in a few cups (for indoor snacking) or bags (for outdoor snacking), and, snack away. It's a treat for everyone and you don't ever have to actually cook anything!


*It's especially good when you take a bar of dark chocolate (Trader Joe's has lots of good ones) and break it up into small pieces.

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and I love it! Good for you! Keep the fun posts coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this combination too. Only I'm not nearly as organized as you are! I take a small handful each of dark chocolate chips, walnuts and dried cherries and just put them in a cup. I don't mind raisins but I LOVE dried cherries and they taste delicious with chocolate and walnuts...-well done!

    ReplyDelete