Saturday, November 28, 2009

Necessary Napkins


The other day, when our family friends, Jim and Jamie, came over, they brought us a gift of 6 hand picked, cotton napkins. You may wonder, what is so special about a gift of cotton napkins? Well I'll tell you. These incredibly colorful napkins came from a store in San Luis Obispo, called Picking Daisies which specializes in selling napkins. The store is small, but they have a large selection of napkins. In fact, there over 50 different designs to choose from. Some are plain and some are mind-blowing! They have everything from stripes to paisleys. Some are seasonal and some are everyday, all are 100% cotton (which my mother tells me is a real good thing because they don't have to be ironed). My personal favorite is a very colorful one which has paisleys of all sizes. This store is owned by three sisters, Ann, Kay, and Dede, who sew these napkins. It is very sweet and their merchandise makes you feel at home. They also sell some place mats and cards. I know most of you reading this don't live in San Luis Obispo but go ahead and check out their website called www.pickingdaisiesinslo.com These make a great gift and they are reasonably priced. On top of everything, these napkins are green because you can use them over and over again which is better than using paper napkins which you have to throw away! I love these and I think you will too.

2 comments:

  1. We are so excited to be featured in such a fantastic blog! And I am so happy that Jim and Jamie brought you apparently the perfect gift. In our store's next e-newsletter, I am going to link to your blog so that we can show this great article off to all of our customers. Keep up the great blog .... we'll be following along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to check it out. They sound great. Stell always comes up with the best stuff! XXXX

    ReplyDelete